1

Happy Sad Song

A colleague of mine sent me a link after reading my FB status.

It was a picture of clouds and sky, followed by a song lyrics.
Lemon Tree.
I never like that song, the reason is because of the suckish Mandarin version by a female Taiwanese singer... And the song was played so often during then - on the school bus radio, tv, pasar malam... basically everywhere... Ish!

But now, when I read the lyrics, I start to understand what the song writer trying to express.
It was a happy sad song, just like the Pearl Jam's Last Kiss...

The two powerful opposed metaphors. Irony of life.

1 brainwave:

Eddie Vedder said...

For the record, Last Kiss isn't Pearl Jam's. And it's not supposed to be a happy sad song. It's just sad. And to mention Pearl Jam in the same post as Fool's Garden is just, absurd!