0

Facing The Giant

Today we had a video screenplay for PYP P1 program. Edited version of "Facing The Giant", cut down to 30 minutes show due to the time constraint.

The Synopsis:
In his six years of coaching, Grant Taylor has never had a winning season. Even the hope of a new season is squelched when the best player on his Shiloh Eagles decides to transfer schools. After losing their first three games of the season, the coach discovers a group of fathers are plotting to have him fired.
Combined with pressures at home, Coach Taylor has lost hope in his battle against fear and failure.
However, an unexpected challenge helps him find a purpose bigger than just victories. Daring to trust God to do the impossible, Coach Taylor and the Eagles discover how faith plays out on the field … and off.
With God, all things are possible...


I find the show very inspiring, at least to me =)
And it serve as a very timely reminder...

I always love to watch all these shows, victory after perseverance is always very moving and inspiring. Lots of scenes in the movie remind me of our Christian walk...

The scene where the coach was training the captain depict how "faith vs sight" would be.
This really answer the question I keep asking God lately.
I asked God, "When are you gonna stop sending hardship to me? Why can't You just tell when You gonna put an end to all these? Isn't what I have gone thru enough?"
I always thought my life is like an never ending marathon race, that I never know where is the finishing line, and the coach is being cruel to keep pushing me to go on...
I often felt so tired and I so wanted to give up, but... what if the ending is just few more steps away? It would be such a waste if I gave up at this point of time!
But today, God show me the reason.
Just like the captain, if he was not blind-folded, he would have stop when he reach the targeted milestone. But when he can't see, and can only depends on the voice of the coach, he achieved what is impossible when you depends on your sight.
Almost wet my eyes when I saw how Brock was doing the death crawl and manage to persevere until the ending zone...
Our physical strength may have a limit, but the strength from our heart - never.
If God would have tell me the total no of trials that I need to go through in order to pass the test, I would have just doing the standard procedures and put a limit for myself.
But if I do not know the ending point and therefore have no choice but keep going on, I might be able to go beyond my limit, as there will never be "enough" of doing for God.
God always want us to dream big for him, to do the impossible, only if we are willing to let Him do it through us.
Faith in Him, is all that we need...

There was also a scene that speak very close to my heart, and I guess to all the leaders too.
When the captain was so tired at the championship match, he wanted to quit the game as he thought that he has no more strength left to continue to be in the game.
But the coach reminds him that, "Everyone can lead when he have the strength, but what makes a good leader is what he do even when he have no more..."
Oh God, it's really like You are speaking to me... to ask me to hold on, to keep going, even when I felt so tired and there is no more strength left to fight, because You are with me...


When God is going to do something wonderful, He begins with a difficulty.... When He is going to do something miraculous, He begins with an impossibility.

~ Charles Inwood ~

Be strong =)

0 brainwave: