0

Do you love me more than these?

This is the question I start asking myself nowadays, whenever I'm struggling between my will or His will...

~ John 21:15-18 ~

Jesus asked Peter 3 times - "Do you love me more than these?"
And then taught him the lesson on love & selflessness.


"Feed my lambs."
"Take care of my sheep."
"Feed my sheep. I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go."


Do we love God more than our dreams? Our career? Our decision in life? Our own conveniences? And etc?
Do we love God more than all these??

The very first thing which needs to be said about Christian ministers of all kinds is that they are "under" people as their servants rather than "over" them (as their leaders, let alone their lords). Jesus made this absolutely plain. he chief characteristic of Christian leaders, he insisted, is humility not authority, and gentleness not power.
~ John R. W. Stott ~

0 brainwave: