0

... if only I may finish the race ...

This is a backdated post.

Tuesday -- When I was doing my quiet time, reading Acts...
( ya, purposely choose the book of Acts as my QT material this few weeks, so that at the same time I can do my revision for Bible Quiz... trying to "curi ayam" =p )
When I reached Chapter 20, I was very moved by Paul's farewell speech to the Ephesian church.
I wonder why I find reading Acts very boring last time in Gp Bethany... =.=
Those days we were using half of Acts as the book for BQ too. Must be not reading it right that time, or perhaps still have not come to the right understanding during then.

It was such a moving scene, when Paul telling them they would never see his face again after this... And how they wept and embraced each other as they parted.
( Reading all these just remind me of him => Miss you much... )
The testimony and example of the faithful ones often put me to shame... I'm just soooo utterly small & selfish as compared to these people, who love God more than anything else in the world.
God, help me - to learn to be selfless, learn not to go my own ways, learn to love You more; for only You are good.

Will end this entry with one verse from the same chapter that I read today, the words from Paul himself:
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me — the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." ~ Acts 20:24
Amen!

0 brainwave: