0

The God that searches...

He who searches for Divine Reality with all his heart and soul and finds it, becomes aware that, before he began to seek God, God was seeking him, in order to draw him into the joy of fellowship with Him, into the peace of His Presence; even as a child who has strayed, when he is safely back in his mother's arms, realises that she had been searching for him, with deep maternal love, before he had begun to think about her.

~ Sadhu Sundar Singh ~


Excerpt & edited from "Daniel And The Beasts" by Frank Frantz :

This is not the chronicle of a man in search of God, but rather, it is the chronicle of God searching out and revealing Himself to a man. In fact, it seems to me that the first six chapters of Daniel are rich in examples of God's dealing with man (or men). Just as God was seeking out the heart of the king that he might enter into a real encounter with him, God seeks and has sought us out that He might have real encounters with us.

I used to think that it was men who sought God, but now I understand that it's God Who seeks men. Not only does God seek men, but He plants the desire in men's hearts to seek Him. At one time I thought that it was I who sought God until I found Him, but one day I began looking at my life and realized that God had sought me and dealt with my heart until I had a hunger to look for Him.

It's the unanswerable mystery of how our hunger for God gets into our heart. And what is wonderful in all this is that God knows our inner openness to Him, and He seeks out our hearts with such patience and with such a personal touch.

He's planting an openness in their hearts for Him, and then He seeks them with love and persistence while respecting the liberty, individuality, and uniqueness of each person.

It is the theme of God's immense love which caused Him to seek out a man's heart and bring him to real salvation.

0 brainwave: