0

The Power of Love

I throw my painful back at the driver seat after long hours of coding & scripting at work, then I take a look at the clock, it was already 8:50pm... "Argh! I am so tired..."

Suddenly a thought caught my attention, I picked up my handphone and start calling my mom, tell her that I'm on my way home, and do expect me to be late for dinner. I think I have never call home to inform whenever I'm late, usually mom will be the one that called after certain time if I'm not home yet. And she often complaint that I am too carefree to call home every time I'm expect to be late.

I remembered once Raymond shared this in PD Camp 2006, during the "Battle of the Sexes" closing; he said, people often thought a person should be full of energy when he/she started off their day in the morning, but it was the contrary, he find greater strength when he go home each night, when he looked at the wife and the daughter, the person that he love most...

It's just so true =)
After the phone call, I felt very much refreshed. Suddenly I'm not tired anymore, because I remembered, people that I love most (and love me most) is waiting for me at home...

The driving force out of love is simply amazing. It was the same driving force that keep me going for all these years, else I would have given up as I struggle in this tough reality. Life is really tough!

As my thought go on, I remembered the loving act of Christ...

It was the power of the love - the love He had for sinners like us, that keep him going; from the false accusation & betrayal to the trial, from the trial to the flogging & mocking, from the long journey of Via Dolorosa to the cross of Calvary...

It was not the nails that held Him on the cross, but His love for us... The love that beyond our human mind can fathom.

I often pray that I would be able to understand, or catch a glimpse of the extend of His love for me, help me Lord!
May the power of Your love change my stone-cold heart...

0 brainwave: