0

Intramuros, Manila

During the second day of my stay at Manila, I manage to set aside 4 hours to visit a nearby town named Intramuros - which means "City within the Walls" in Spanish.

Beautiful statues & old church building on my way to Intramuros

Rizal Park
(A place I wish to visit but too bad have to give it up due to the time constraint)


Fort Santiago Gate

Plaza Armas - the fort's main square

A the entrance of Rizal Shrine.
His statement & motto in life truly move my heart, no wonder Dr Jose Rizal was term as the Philippine's national hero.

"Man ought to die for his duty & convictions..."
"... I shall die happy, satisfied with the thought that all I have suffered, my life, my love, my joys, my everything, I have sacrificed..."
Does that ring a bell to you? That just remind me of Paul so much.
And the mission God had call each of us to heed.

The short trip ended here at a stroll at the Baywalk


The visit to the ruined city and the Rizal museum, shed a very different light on Philippine for me.
Even though the people here are having a lower living standard and generally poorer than those of Malaysian. But after you got to know their history, the hardship they have gone through, you tend to respect them more. Especially with such a outstanding national hero as their role model. Difficulties shape your character, this is so true. I find the local folks here, they are very full of character and lively. And all these make this country and this place beautiful...
I can't conclude that everyone here is very warm and friendly, but at least the people I've met here, are being really nice to me. This is something I am truly thankful for =)

More pictures here:
# Manila Sep'08

0 brainwave: